Elay Cohen, CEO, and co-founder of SalesHood joins us on the show today to talk sales enablement platforms, dominating a category, and boosting sales through collaboration! SalesHood is a sales enablement platform that has
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:41] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:15] Introducing Elay Cohen and SalesHood, a sales enablement platform.
- [00:38] What led up to SalesHood; the need to build a system that helped with scaling.
- [01:40] What sales enablement is and how it helps teams boost sales through collaboration.
- [02:35] Examples of companies using SalesHood that have experienced hyper-growth.
- [04:12] How SalesHood makes money using a price per seat model.
- [05:09] Metrics for revenue, growth, employee count, ARR, users, customers, and more.
- [07:49] How COVID has helped SalesHood by enabling their clients to go virtual.
- [08:36] The two-plus year journey taking SalesHood to product to market fit.
- [13:17] Creating/dominating a category and why Elay wrote Enablement Mastery.
- [17:18] The value of creating a community around a category to dominate it.
- [19:43] Elay’s book recommendation and what he’s learning from That Will Never Work.
- [20:47] Essential software tools Elay uses.
- [21:43] Why Elay is such a fan of Gordon Ritter, Jason Lemkin, and Carmel Jud.
- [23:39] The best way for people to find Elay online and connect with him.
Resources From The Interview:
- Elay Cohen
- Elay Cohen Email
- Enablement Mastery
- Arthur Do
- Ron Baden
- Adobe Sign (EchoSign)
- Parker Harris
- Marc Benioff
- Arjun Gupta
- John Hopkins University
- Northern Illinois University
- University of Texas at Austin
- Stanford University
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Google Spreadsheets
- Gordon Ritter
- Emergence Capital
- Jason Lemkin
- Carmel Jud
- Rising International
- Must read book: That Will Never Work
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu: