Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- A mastermind is a group of people from various professions that serve as your own little board of directors. [01:30]
- It’s difficult to go to friends and talk about your business as an entrepreneur. Meanwhile, like-minded individuals with similar experiences will have more relevant and helpful advice. [01:58]
- An entrepreneurs organization allows you to join a forum of a group of people from different businesses who are successful and can offer advice. [02:40]
- I formed an Internet Marketing Mastermind with people I respect and think I can learn from. We have a specific agenda and talk about the things we promised to do the month before like increase revenues by 10%. [03:37]
- A mastermind group can help keep you accountability and discuss any struggles or big wins. [04:08]
- Have a moderator to keep things organize and set a criteria for who gets placed into the group. [04:51]
- Set ground rules for your meetings so everyone stays respectful of each other’s time. For example, if you’re late, you might get penalized for $100. [05:10]
- To find an entrepreneur’s group, try EO, YPO, World’s Presidents, or Vistage to start. [06:02]
- Use a platform like MeetUp to form your own group. [06:26]
- Many mastermind groups are free, but you could pay up to $25,000 a year just to be in it. They have their merits, but as long as you have a group of people you respect, you can do it for free. [06:51]
Selected links from this episode:
Leave some feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, leave a short review here.
- Subscribe to Growth Everywhere on iTunes.
- Get the non-iTunes RSS feed
Connect with Eric Siu: